Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hindsight Only Favors Good Vision

Its that time of the year! Everyone is happy and excited about the Christmas season. People are buying gifts for their loved ones, and humming their favorite Christmas songs as they walk from class to class. Overall, its a very joyous time for people!

I want to be completely honest with you guys. It really hasn't been all that joyous for me lately. For those of you that know me best, I haven't been myself. I have been thinking about a lot of things, and I guess I just don't know how to express them. Confusion would probably best describe what I am thinking. I thought I had my whole life planned out. Everything I thought was going to happen is not going to happen. Things are going to be different.

Today, I was coming back from church with my two favorite people, David and Jim, and we were talking about what we were going to do this Winter Break. When asked if we were going to do something in particular, David laughingly quoted James 4 when he writes,

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

This got me thinking about what I have been doing lately. I have basically told God, okay this is what I am doing and when I am going to do it. Fortunately, God decided to shake up my life and plans. I am hurting now, because I decided to follow my own plans without pursuing his will.

The Classic Crime has a song that says, "Hindsight only favors good vision." I have had many people tell me that things are going to get better, but they are not in my spot. However, it is hard for me to see things getting better anytime soon...I don't have good vision right now.

Good vision is God's vision. Things ARE going to get better, if i pursue God's will for my life. I am trying to get better at this, and I am thankful for God's reminder. Through this rough time in my life, I am striving to come out with God's vision, not my own.

1 comment:

D-Heff said...

"David laughingly quoted James 4..."

You make it sound like we have such a jolly time, filled with robust laughter and music.