Wednesday, April 1, 2015

We all have "IT."

What is "IT" for you? 

The "IT" I am talking about is the "IT" that gets people out of bed in the morning actually following through on goals and promises they make themselves.

What is it that allows a person who has been smoking for 30 years to actually quit the habit?
If a person wants to lose weight, what actually drives the person to exercise and eat healthy?
The athlete that wants to be the best he can possibly be at his sport needs to have "IT" so he is driven to practice and work harder.

I have experienced "IT" several times in my life.
A year ago I stepped on a scale and "IT" hit me.
The other day I was at a worship service at church and "IT" hit me like a stack of bricks.
When my wife asked me what was more important: my family or my phone..."IT" hit me.

Simply put: "IT" is the feeling of discontentment.  

"IT" is the realization that you are not where you want to be.  You might be heading down a path that will lead you not to a life you dreamed about but more like a nightmare.

There are 2 types of people in the world- People who ignore "IT" and people who do something because of "IT."  Personally, I want to do something because of "IT."  I want to exercise and eat healthier.  I want to have a real, vibrant relationship with Jesus.  I want to put my phone up so my family knows they are the most important thing in my life. 

What is "IT" for you? Where in your life are you not where you want to be?

No comments: