Friday, April 17, 2015

TIME to Influence

Time Magazine just released their list of Top 100 most influential people.  Kanye West was at the top of the list followed by other familiar names like Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt, Lorne Michaels, and Emma Watson.  There were dozens of other names you wouldn't recognize but all of these people are helping to shape our culture- they have this thing called influence.

Influence is rarely given- it is earned.

I don't allow just anyone to have influence in my life.  People have to earn the right to shape who I am and what I am about.

No matter who you are or what you do, we all have the capacity to help change the people around us- for good or for bad.  We all want influence.

Influence in the direction of your company.
Influence in what decisions are made for your family.
Influence in what political decisions are made.
Influence in the future of your children.

I want influence.
I want to help shape those in my family, my workplace and in my community. 

But what about you? Have you earned the right to shape the culture around you.  Have you put in the time? Do you have the right motives? Do you have influence?

No comments: