Saturday, May 14, 2011

God Dreams

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm moving into my apartment. Right now it is about 10 o'clock at night, and my room at the house I've been living at the past year still looks the same. I haven't packed anything, and to be honest I think I'm going to wait until the last minute to do anything. It is just hard leaving a place where you have gotten so comfortable. The family I'm staying with has been awesome. I'm so lucky to have had the privilege to stay with the Lincks.

I remember this time last year, I was about to make another big move. This time instead of moving about 30 minutes away, I was moving 9 hours away...from Kansas to Indiana. It was the hardest thing I think I ever had to do. I remember the night before I left. I was sitting in the kitchen with my mom and dad just talking a little bit. All my things were packed in my car, so I could leave early the next morning. When all of a sudden, I just broke down. I started bawling like a baby, and I had no idea where it came from. My dad actually walked outside to our backyard and my mom came over to comfort me as tears were flooding down her face too. She just rubbed my back and told me everything was going to be okay. I believed her, but it was just so hard to picture life without my family close by. A few minutes later my dad walked back inside wiping tears from his face. It was such a tough time. It was a sad time.

But I sit hear one year later as happy as I hav ever been. I'm marrying my dream girl in November. I get to work with the same students and student ministry team for another year, as I accepted another year-long internship with the church. And I'm moving into my own place. Who would have thought this would all happen to average ole Charlie? Not me! Especially as I was sitting at the dinning table with my mom and dad that night as we said our goodbyes and crying, I would have never dreamt this for myself.

I have leanred a lot of things in my life. I've learned how to color inside the lines with my crayons. I've learned to make scrambled eggs, and I've even learned how to make a loud popping noise with my knuckles by slapping with my finger. But one of the most important things I think I have leanred is that God's dreams are bigger and better than my dreams. Why even waste time dreaming for your life when God has the perfect dream waiting to become your reality? God is the mastermind behind this plan. He is the designer of my life. I'm so excited to see where God takes me, because I could never possibly dream what God has in store! Are you going to let God dream for you?!

1 comment:

D-Heff said...

When you were talking about how good your life is now, you forgot to mention how your best friend is moving across the country to hang out with you. C'mon now.