Friday, April 1, 2011

Follow Friday


I started my blogging journey in August 2008. When I first started But On A Serious Note, I didn't realize how popular it would become. Everyone was reading my blog...and by everyone I mean my mom and my best friend. But when I first started this thing, I really didn't read anyone else's blog except for David Heffren's blog. I didn't know how many people blogged! But now I sit here typing this almost three years later, and my ignorance of the blogging-sphere has changed. I just wanted to share with you guys a couple of the blogs I follow, and I hope you guys find them helpful for you!

First of all, I use a website called iGoogle to follow my blogs. For instance, if I want to follow the blog of Charlie Sheen (that would be an interesting/crazy/mind-numbing/inappropriate/time-wasting blog to read), I would put in his web address into my iGoogle account. Then from that time on, every time he posted a new blog, it would pop up on my iGoogle! It is very handy, and I would recommend to anyone who wants to start following people's thoughts on the internet.

Second, remember that these blogs are on the internet so people can post whatever they want. So be careful who and what you follow, because there is no accountability to what people are writing. They could be writing total nonsense, but they have no one making sure what they are saying is legitimate. Be sure to keep this in mind when deciding who to follow!

Now here is a list of blogs that I have found to be interesting, insightful and...(oh, what is another "i" word), intelligible.

TonyMorganLive: Tony Morgan writes about the church and more specifically about leadership.

Stuff Christians Like: Jon Acuff uses Christian satire to point out funny things about the Christian faith. I have found this blog to lighten up my day!

Michael Hyatt: Michael Hyatt's blog is all about leadership. I have found this site to be one of the most practical blogs on leadership.

Donald Miller: Before Donald Miller writes a book, he writes about his ideas on his blog. He places a lot of importance on story, and he focuses on the Christian walk. Good stuff.

The Resurgence: This is Mark Discoll's blog, but he collaborates with several other writers. These guys focus on the theological side of the Christian faith, and it is very insightful.

Coach Shef: Tom Shefchunas is a middle school pastor for North Point Christian Church, and his blog a great resource for someone who focuses student ministry!


There are different blogs I follow too! There is David's Blog andAdam's Blog. These guys are two of the wisest guys I know, and I'm glad they blog! I hope this list helps you guys. What blogs do you follow?

1 comment:

D-Heff said...

I like Follow Friday. But not quite as much as Freestyle Friday.

"You too....!"