Friday, August 13, 2010

The Clearance Rack and Zombies

Last October I wrote a blog about never seeing a shooting star. I can officially say that my drought of 22 years of never seeing a shooting star is now over! Last night I went out in the backyard about 12:15 a.m., laid down, and watched the Perseid Meteor Shower. They say the best time to watch the Meteor Shower was between midnight and dawn, so I stayed up to catch my first shooting star! Apparently, you are allowed one wish every time you see a shooting star. So I wished for...sorry, I can't tell you because then it wouldn't come true.

Besides picking up astronomy, I have been doing some thinking on women and shopping. (IMPORTANT: MEN ONLY BEYOND THIS POINT)

Well men, I have some insightful information for you. If you are of the female persuasion, please stop reading.....I mean it. Go stalk someone on facebook or go surf the internet for nice aprons or cooking utensils.

Alright guys here is a secret I have luckily tripped upon while hanging out with Christine. Have you ever been shopping with your lady friend? It is nice to be with her, and you are glad you are able to spend time with her....but...she takes 20 minutes just to look at the first rack she sees. Then as soon as you think you are going to leave the store, she says, "ooohhhh....look at that." Then like a zombie who sees a weak human and in a trance walks over to him or her to devour it, the girl goes to check out the clearance rack.

Well, I have found a solution to our shopping problems. You make sure you guys go shopping during a time for a meal. You tell them you will get something to eat while you are out...but you pick her up late. Then she will say she is hungry and wants to go shopping afterward. However, you tell her that you really want to go shopping first. Then as you are going through the stores, you begin to notice that she is spending less and less time looking for good deals, because she begins to hear her stomach grumble. Then finally, you are the hear those blissful words, "I'm done." And as the angels in heaven sing an immaculate chorus, you leave the store to go eat.

Guys, this is not always a guarantee. Actually, she will probably begin to catch on to your antics about the 2nd time, but I think it is well worth the try. Please let me know of your success. And we all know women cannot say "No" to food. I mean, look at the first woman. She couldn't say no to an apple. Now we have great things like Chocolate and P.F. Changs. Good luck men.

1 comment:

D-Heff said...

I was glad that this song played when I got on here today, especially since it's Friday.

I wonder if I'll ever face this problem....