Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First name Just. Last name Intern

A lot has happened since I last posted. My Kansas Jayhawks lost their first basketball game. Riots have erupted in the Mideast. My mom and dad both turned 50. Puxatony Phil didn't see his shadow, so spring should be getting here any day now. I think that's about it...oh, and I got engaged!

I proposed to Christine on January 22nd. Now there are rumors flying around that the only reason I asked Christine to marry me was because it was my good friend's birthday, but those rumors are false! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Christine. I honestly thought I might spend the rest of my life single once I graduated Ozark not dating anyone, because who graduates Bible college single? Most of the girls who go to a Christian college go there just to find a husband, right? But thankfully God had a girl in southern Indiana picked out for an awkward boy from Kansas. So if I had to sum up how I feel right now in one word it would be: IamSoExcitedToMarryChristineBerry.

Besides finding out who I'm going to live with the rest of my life, I also found out what I'm doing after my internship is over in May...I'm going to do another year-long internship at Southeast! I really love the students and sponsors. It would be so hard to leave them, and after Cody talked to me about the possibility of doing the internship again, I knew Southeast was the place I could best serve God this upcoming year. So I guess I'll be just an intern again...but I'm completely fine with that. Honestly, it will keep my head from getting to big. It's important to remember we are "Just" a person who God has chosen to further His Kingdom, because he could do it without me.

Sorry this was a short post. I guess you could call it an Umpa Lumpa post.

No comments: