Sunday, April 4, 2010

I'm a Twit...but not a Moron.

Don't think less of me, please. I swore that I would never do this as long as I live, but unfortunately I caved. No, i didn't commmit murder or paint my fingernails. I started a twitter. I blame no one but myself...well I kind of blame Blake Park. He forced me to get one. It's all his fault.

Twitter is basically a network where you tell the world what is on your mind. I'm still getting use to the terminology of the twitter world. If you post a twitter, its called a "tweet." If you are in the act of posting a tweet, you are "tweeting." And I'm not sure if this last one is true or not, but if you are a person who is tweeting, you are a twit. Okay, I think I made up that last word but if thats ture then I am a twit.

As I was looking at my twitter page online, I was looking at all the people's twitter I follow. I follow my friends, athletes, and many different other people. One person I follow is Mark Driscol. He is a pastor at a church called Mars Hill up in the northwest, and even though I don't agree with everything he says he is a brilliant servant for the Lord. Earlier today, he tweeted, "Today, Jesus got out of the grave. I think you can get out of your house and come to church." Well today I got out of my house I went to church, but not because Mark told me to but because Jesus did in fact without a doubt get out of the grave about 2,000 years ago. I believe the Apostle Paul says it best in 1 Corinthians 15:17 when he says, "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile."

It is great that Jesus died on the cross. In fact, its AMAZING! But if the body of Christ was found in a tomb somewhere in Jerusalem tomorrow, this is all for nothing. And I would be a moron because I have devoted my entire life to following this man named Jesus. Christianity is built upon the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord. If He is Lord, then death cannot conquer Him. Luckily...not luckily but divinely, Jesus walked out of the tomb Sunday morning so that His followers would have hope in life after death. Later in 1 Corinthians 15, Paul goes on to say that if Jesus really did not raise from the dead, then Christians should be pitied by all men. Many people have given their lives because of Jesus' resurrection. It said that the Apostle Peter was crucified. Another Apostle named Barthalomew was said to be skinned alive because of his faith in the risen Lord Jesus.

Now today was a beautiful day. The skies were blue and I went to church to worship with the Body of Christ. I ate ham with my grandparents and little cousins. The easter bunny visited us and brought us Buffalo Wild Wings gift certificates. I was even blessed to look for easter eggs with my brothers. But nothing was more important and more vital than when Jesus "got out of the grave." I am no moron....just a twit.

3 comments:

JoR said...

I think you would have been better off commiting murder or painting your finger nails.

parkus65 said...

I accept full responsibility for the awesomeness that may occur from this.

D-Heff said...

You went from "I blame no one but myself" to "It's all his fault" awfully quick. Way to sell out your friend.