Saturday, December 26, 2009

364 days and Counting

Favorite Christmas Present: A book chalked full of game ideas for youth ministry.

Favorite Christmas Moment: We were at my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve and my little 1-year-old cousin started playing with a Santa Claus. This Santa Claus dances and shakes its booty, and Noah started dancing. But this wasn't just any kind of dancing. He was dirty dancing! He put his hands on his ankles and started backing it up. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen!

Favorite Christmas food: My mom's homemade turtle cheesecake...delicious!


Christmas was amazing! Even though a blizzard knocked out our electricity for about 4 hours on Christmas Eve, we were lucky enough to have power by the time we woke up. We had our usual cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and then we opened up our presents and were lazy the rest of the day! Nothing special happened...it was just a great time to be with family.

But unfortunately Christmas is over. Only 364 more days until new Christmas! Relient K has an awesome Christmas CD called, "Let it Snow, Baby...Let it Reindeer." One of their songs has a verse in it that says:

Take it all down
Christmas is over
Do not despair but rather be glad
We had a good year. Now let's have another.

I hate taking down all the Christmas decorations. I hate not listening to Christmas music for another 10 months (okay...I don't listen to Christmas music in October, but some people do...I think there should be a law against playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving). But Christmas is a good capstone to a good year. Now I am not trying to down play the importance of celebrating Christ's birth. I am just saying that Christmas is a great thing to end the year. Its like the cliche, "You always save the best for last." But this capstone is a transition for a beginning. Right around the corner is a new year that is full of possibilities and question marks. And I can't wait to see how God is going to answer them.

2 comments:

D-Heff said...

When I saw the title of your post, I was going to comment and just say "Happy Boxing Day." But then I saw that you were playing that song anyways.

Just 27 more days till David Heffren Day. At least you have to look forward to.

Kinsey said...

oh and don't forget only 11 days until my birthday!!! woo hoo!!! a month full of celebrations!